Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waihi Beach Cycle track

            Orakawa Bay
I did the cycle track down to Bowentown yesterday afternoon for the first time in about 10 days due to rain etc. It was great to be cycling it again and yesterday there were a few new visitors and the odd weird happening.

I was cycling back from the Bowentown end when I saw a rabbit up ahead - it stopped and looked back at me to see if I was still coming then ran off ahead and when I rounded the next bend it did it again like a dog waiting for its master to follow. Finally it disappeared into the bushes. I thought I would play it at the same game so I waited just past where I thought it had gone into the bushes and hopefully get a photo on my cellphone but to no avail.

Great to see quail, pheasants, tuis, king fishers and all sorts of other birds on the track.

For more info on things to do at Waihi Beach www.waihibeachlodge.co.nz/activities.html

No comments:

Post a Comment